|Posted by John Churchman on April 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM||comments (0)|
Maryland scooter laws are fairly simple! Here's the breakdown:
50cc and under:
- $25 TOTAL one time fee for Title ($20) and Decal ($5)
- Carry minimum coverage liability coverage (most customers pay only $6-12/month)
- DOT approved helmet
- DOT approved eye protection (visor, windshield, DOT glasses/goggles, not regular sunglasses)
You can now get your title and decal online! Just visit http://www.mva.maryland.gov/ and click the link on the top left side called "Mopeds/Scooters/ORVs".
Need help? Stop by a College Scooters store, or call (410) 929-6402.
We also carry all DOT approved helmets and eye protection.
|Posted by John Churchman on September 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM||comments (0)|
Many of our customers are wondering where to get their scooters titled and registered for the new law going into effect October 1st, 2012 in Maryland.
If you're a MD resisdent, follow the link below to title your scooter online via the MVA website.
All you need is the following:
- MD license or ID
- Your scooter's VIN number (can be found on your certificate of origin, or on a metal ID card underneath the scooter on one side)
- The last for #'s of your Social Security Number
The cost is a marginal one-time fee of $25.
You can complete registration at: www.mva.maryland.gov
|Posted by John Churchman on September 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM||comments (0)|
Article by: Matthew Jones
If you are in the market for a classic-style scooter, this is the one for you. The Agora features a sleek design with lines reminiscent of scooters from years’ past. The Agora boasts a classical look and feel while still delivering a comfortable ride. This scooter features the best of both worlds: speed and fuel efficiency. With this scooter you can ride in style while going at speeds above 35 miles per hour. But if fuel economy is more your interest this is still the scooter for you; it can get up to 118 miles per gallon while still cruising around at a cool 25 miles per hour. The Agora runs on a 49cc single cylinder 4 stroke engine. The Agora also features both an electric start as well as a kick start. This scooter has a comfortable seat with plenty of space for two people to ride, and there is plenty of storage under the seat for storing a helmet and cover for the scooter. This is a classy ride that is both smooth and comfortable. The scooter has two color options: metallic White or Steel Grey. The Agora is also backed by the best warranty in the industry: a 2 year warranty on parts and a 1 year warranty on labor. The Agora features an upgraded seat, dash, mirrors, and controls. With all of these thing this scooter weighs in at a slim 352 lbs. Stop by a location today to see how great this scooter looks, and maybe even take one home!
|Posted by John Churchman on September 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM||comments (2)|
Want a scooter and are not sure on how you are going to afford it? No need to worry: our zero-down financing can have you on a scooter and out the door that same day for no money down! As if our scooters were not reasonably priced before, our zero-down financing makes them even more affordable. Our financing program goes through Mariner Finance of Salisbury. We use the “Same as Cash” program to ensure peace of mind through economic hardships. After an approved credit check, we at College Scooters will have you as an owner of one of our amazing scooters... All you have to do is fill out an application. This application process including the credit background check takes about an hour or so. Barring any hiccups in the credit background check, Mariner Finance and College Scooters can have you out the door on one of our scooters without any money down. You have the possibility to have payments as low as $45/Month!* You will be paying interest; however, if you manage to pay off the scooter within the 90-day pay period you will be exempt from paying interest. Being strapped for cash is never a problem at College Scooters.
For more information call College Scooters at (410) 929-6402
or visit www.marinerfinance.com
*Subject to approved credit. See store for details.
Article by: Steven Kenny
|Posted by John Churchman on September 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM||comments (0)|
Written by Matthew Jones
The “Look Twice: Save a Life” campaign was started as a way of getting drivers to be more aware of their surroundings while driving. Due to the fact that motorcycles are smaller and take up less space on the road, drivers have to pay more attention to make sure they do not overlook them and run into them. Since scooters are even smaller than motorcycles it is even more important for drivers to watch for them while driving. One of the biggest reasons drivers need to watch out for motorcycles and scooters is they have a much shorter stopping distance than cars. Another reason car drivers need to be more aware of scooters and motorcycles on the road is they are easily missed when you quickly look in your mirrors (hence the name “look twice”) to encourage drivers to double check that there is no one around the car on a scooter or motorcycle. While driving be sure to “Look Twice” help reduce motorcycle and scooter accidents.
|Posted by John Churchman on September 9, 2012 at 6:30 PM||comments (0)|
Article written by James Ash
The Keeway Hurricane is way ahead of other scooters in its price range and was designed with urban cruising in mind. East handling and smooth response make it perfect for city use and is an icon of versatility. This scooter has the highest-quality engine components which will always give you an incredible bang for your buck.
What are some of the features?
- 2 Front Carriers for increased storage space
- Front disk brakes enhance the stopping power, control, and guarantees a safe ride
- Sized to be the perfect commuter, maximizing fuel economy
- Upgraded wheels, gauges, muffler, and special passenger foot pegs
- Exclusive triple-phase electrostatic painting technologies and UV curing processing, the surface paint is more evenly distributed and remains highly shiny and age resistant for 5-7 years
What are the specs of the scooter?
- 49cc, Single Cylinder, 4 Stroke Engine
- Force Air Cooled Electric Start with backup kick start
- Full Auto CVT Transmission
- Front Disc Brake, Rear Drum Brake
- 3.5x10” Tires
- Weigh Capacityt: 300lbs
- MPG: 118 @ 25mph
|Posted by John Churchman on September 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM||comments (0)|
Scooter Laws are changing in Maryland and many consumers are having a hard time finding accurate information on this matter. Luckily College Scooters is here to provide you with all the details on Senate Bill 309!
Here is the breakdown of the requirements.
- As of 10/1/12, all 49cc scooter drivers and passengers in MD will need to wear a DOT approved helmet, eye protection (shatter-proof goggles/glasses), and the driver must carry a locking device.
If you purchased your scooter BEFORE 10/1/12, you with have from 10/1/12 to 10/31/12 to complete the following:
- Registration and titling of your scooter with the MVA for a one time fee of $25. You will be provided with a decal for your scooter (no license plate).
- Aquiring liability insurance ONLY (not vehicle, theft, etc. however you can add these at your choosing).
- Liability insurance will be extremely affordable for 49cc scooters. Most customers are finding it will cost them $5-$8 per month.
- If you purchase a scooter AFTER 10/1/12, you will be required to complete the titling, registration, and insurance components before you ride.
- Your scooter will not get a MD license plate.
- As far as we've found, if you're NOT a MD resident, you will be required to wear a helmet and carry a locking mechanism, but not complete MD registration, titling, and etc.
- Not all insurance providers are prepared for this bill yet. From speaking to multiple providers, we have found that they will most likely be adding policies for 49cc scooters after the bill is in effect.
MD SENTATE BILL 309
|Posted by Matt Blades on August 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM||comments (1)|
Its almost that time when school stars back up. We all dread this time of year so let us at College Scooters make it a little easier on you. We are fully stocked with almost every scooter in a variety of colors. Reserve one today by putting half down and we will hold it until the semester starts. Your scooter will be prepped and ready to go for your first day of class. We will even deliver it to your house in the area or directly to campus free of charge!
|Posted by Matt Blades on July 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM||comments (0)|
Member of a sports team, fraternity, sorority or some other special organization? Are you and your teammates, brothers, or sisters looking for scooters? Look no further than College Scooters. We offer group discounts on everything we sell including brand new scooters, accessories and even service. This gives you a great way to spend time with your friends and save money as you ride around town.
Call us for more information!
|Posted by Matt Blades on July 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM||comments (0)|
We have finally made it out of the tiny cramped office space stuffed in the back of an industrial complex to an open showroom right off of Route 13 in Salisbury just a mile from the campus. We still need to complete a few touch ups but the doors are open and anyone is welcome to stop by.